Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Vintage At Heart {Mason Jars}


I am so excited to introduce a new series on my blog: Vintage at Heart!

I love the yesteryears. The fabrics, décor, fashion, food, the way people lived. Send me back to the 1930's-1940's and I would be one happy girl (well, as long as I could take my iPhone!).

One thing I am loving is the trend of taking things from the past and re-inventing them in some form or fashion. Every Wednesday, I will highlight those things by category. This week's category is Mason Jars.

I have a love affair with Mason Jars. We drink from them, store loose change in them, fill them with real or fake flowers, store homemade dressings and I could go on and on. The funny thing is, I have never used a mason jar for the reason they were created: canning. I would love to learn this vintage homemaking skill at some point in my life, but for right now I will enjoy the jars for other uses!


1. June Jars
There are many companies out there selling the mason jars with the straws for drinking. I especially love this company for their quality product. Go check them out and place an order! You will not be disappointed!







2. Paint Them!

There are so many tutorials out there on painting mason jars, but these are a few of my favorites (I know there are two striped jars, but I love them so much, I couldn't decide!). Clockwise from top right:

Simple Painted Glass Jars by Just a Girl and Her Blog

 DIY Polka Dot Jars by R&R Workshop

 Gold Striped Jar Caddy by Raising Up Rubies
Please go check out her blog! Definitely my favorite one in the blogosphere.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Okay, so this is technically just a part of the jar. But these are so cute! I cannot wait for fall to come around and make one of these!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Aren't these the most adorable thing ever? Please, go make one now. I beg you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wouldn't these make wonderful Christmas gifts for a little niece or nephew? Or maybe a fun craft project with your kiddo's!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope this gives you lots of crafting ideas! Join me next week for more ideas to enjoy yesterday's treasures!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment